Neath Port Talbot Circuit is part of Wales Synod (the Methodist District in Wales) and consists of 9 churches: Neath, Skewen, Jersey Marine and Glynneath (in the Neath Valley); Sandfields and Taibach (in Port Talbot), Cymmer and Glyncorrwg (in the Afan Valley); and North Cornelly, (in the County Borough of Bridgend). The circuit is committed to team/collaborative working in all spheres of church life.Priorities
Having been newly formed in 2006, our circuit continuously encourages the local churches to grasp mission and ministry opportunities and actively involve in ecumenical activities.
Priorities for the future:
- to develop mission opportunities, making the gospel accessible to people in our communities
- continue to enhance the quality of worship life, pastoral care and discipleship of the circuit
- to enable local churches to develop creative relationships with other community groups
- be committed to maintaining a worshipping presence in our smaller communities and proactive where there are signs of growth across the circuit.
The Methodist Church is to respond to the Gospel of God’s love in Christ and to work out its discipleship in worship and mission.
The Circuit exists, therefore, to enable the local churches to:
- Increase awareness of the presence of God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit – and to celebrate God’s love
- Help people to learn and grow as Christians, through teaching, mutual support and care
- Become good neighbours and to challenge injustice and need
- Make more followers of Jesus Christ
PLEASE NOTE MOST CHURCHES USE SOCIAL MEDIA TO CONVEY THEIR NEWS, PRINCIPALLY FACEBOOK. THEREFORE, PLEASE USE FACEBOOK ENTERING A SPECIFIC CHURCH TO SEE THEIR LATEST NEWS.