Cymmer Methodist Church
The foundation stone dated 1898 shows that the Methodists have been an active part of the community in Cymmer for over 100 years. Prominent families from Cymmer including the Farrells, Deightons, Owens, Pierces, Chivers and Matthews maintained both the building and worship life of the chapel in the early years.
In the past, the chapel had been home to a thriving Sunday School, Sisterhood, Band of Hope, Bible Class and was part of the valley group of Methodist Chapels of which the only other active one is Glyncorrwg Methodist Church.In recent years however, numbers declined and the chapel’s survival was in question, but miracles happen, and though it is still a small congregation, in 2009 and 2010 the chapel was redecorated inside and out and taken on a new lease of life.
The chapel and its people are a reminder in the community of God’s love and presence. This is especially important as there are now only three places of worship still open in Cymmer.
A warm welcome awaits in our chapel to every one if they would like to join us for worship or any other regular activities.